I am always on the search for quick and easy snacks to have on hand. Something delicious and will satisfy that hunger and snacking mood. Whether I will be packing these for the day or making them right before movie night, oven-roasted chickpeas are a great snack to munch on!
Chickpeas are something I will always have on hand! They’re versatile and are easy to add flavor to which makes it a great addition to most meals. Oven-roasted is one of my favorite way to make them though!
Roasting chickpeas will bring out a lovely nutty flavor that goes well with almost any seasoning you can imagine! These nutty roasted snacks can be made into either a sweet or savory dish. There are so many options when it comes to these so the options are endless!
These pictures are chili roasted chickpea however, I will also make honey glazed as well when I’m craving something sweeter. That recipe is included below as well!
I personally love these because chickpeas are not only an easy food to munch on, they are also a much healthier variation than some of the other option available for me! They are packed with nutrition and leave me feeling satisfying and full!
Chickpeas are a great addition to your diet! They are full of many nutrients and are a cost-effective way to pack in fiber and protein into a “simple” and easy snack. This snack is a much better alternative to the common high carb and high sugar pre-packaged kind.
For this recipe, I used the canned version of chickpeas. I prefer to buy them canned simply for convenience sake. However, if you are wanting to use dried chickpeas then you can simply soak them for 10 hours followed by simmering for 2 hours to ensure that they are fully cooked and ready to bake!
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Drain and rinse chickpeas
- Remove excess skins and pat dry
- Spread across parchment paper-covered baking tray
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the desired crispiness
- Toss baked chickpeas in 1tsp of oil (I use Avacado oil)
- Cover with 1/2 tbs of chili powder
The chili roasted gives an amazing slightly nutty yet spicy flavor that is absolutely delicious! These are my favorite variation, I find myself making this more often than any other flavor!
- Follow steps 1 through 5 for the chili roasted variation
- Melt 1 1/2 tbsps of honey in a saucepan
- Cook 3-5 minutes until starting to turn into a glaze
- Dump the roasted chickpeas into the honey
- Stir and fully coat chickpeas with honey
I love these when I’m craving something slightly sweeter, they’re yummy and go great with a nutrient-packed fruit smoothie!